Kate Elsworth: Promo Mix – Ibiza Love (July 2012)
I belong to several online EDM communities where many of us who work in the industry discuss anything from business to favorite tracks. Yesterday in one such Facebook group, we got into a conversation in regards to our favorite podcasts, radio shows, and promo mixes. At first, I replied, “Eric Prydz’s Epic Radio – nothing else comes close,” but as people began to agree with me, I realized that I possessed an even greater love for another artist’s mixes…
Sure, Kate Elsworth’s mixes might not be for everyone, but for my taste, they are in a league of their own. There are a few qualities that really give her mixes a leg up on the competition. First off, in most cases she leans towards the deep house and progressive house sides of the dance spectrum — right up my ally. Second, even when she puts out a “Main Room” mix, it features much more than your typical “Beatport Top 20″ mix. Instead, Kate will integrate a variety of tracks and remixes that keep the energy pumping, but in a way that is unique to her style. Lastly, Kate’s mix arrangements are absolutely brilliant, and tracks mesh together as they truly should.
A few days ago, Kate released her July promo mix, and I’ve probably listened to it five times already. It’s a selection of several of her favorite summer tracks that are inspired by what is her’s and many others’ favorite place on the planet, Ibiza. Again, this mix consists mostly of deep house, however, I really suggest you give it a try. It’s definitely a euphoric mix, and one that I’d like to listen to while chilling on the Spanish beaches.
1. Touching Me (Original Mix) – Finnebassen
2. Had Enough (Kreature Remix) – Cubiq, Real Nice
3. Raining Again (Original Mix) – Betoko
4. Called An Affair (Ross Evana Remix) – Kate Elsworth & Exacta
5. Need In Me (Original Mix) – Flashmob
6. New Luv (Noir Music) – Den Ishu
7. Mantis ft. Louisahhh – Los Suruba
8. Infinity (Original Mix) – Infinity Ink
9. Future (Kenny Larkin Tension Mix) – Kevin Saunderson Feat. Inner City